4 March 2015
Having been a working microbiologist for almost 40 years I knew that Helen and William Bynum’s talk about their book, “Remarkable Plants That Shaped Our World” would be too good to miss and I was not disappointed.
They split the plants they discussed under different headings: Transformers, Taste, Healing & Medicines, Technology & Power, Cash Crops, Landscape, Revered & Adored and Wonders of Nature. While these categories had nothing to do with the accepted nomenclature of scientific biological classification they certainly worked as a way of looking at how plants have been utilized by humans over the centuries.
More than half of the talk concentrated on the ways they have been used in medicines and how new medicinal properties were being developed from them in the modern day. It was a commendable presentation as both speakers expertly conveyed how important plants have been in developing our world.
Editor, Peatmore Press
Remarkable Plants That Shaped Our World by Helen Bynum and William Bynum is published by Thames and Hudson Ltd and is available in hard cover and as an ebook.
- Similiar Download :
- [Mega] – Travels in Southern England – The Bath Literature Festival
- [4Shared] – Travels in Southern England – The Bath Literature Festival
- [Rapidshare] – Travels in Southern England – The Bath Literature Festival
- [Mediafire] – Travels in Southern England – The Bath Literature Festival
- [Indowebster] – Travels in Southern England – The Bath Literature Festival