Here is a small list of 100 Things iPhone’s can’t do that most Android phones can. Let me remind you that we stopped at 100 but could have easily gone over. As a matter a fact, with just one application like Tasker I can easily name over 100 things that I can do with Tasker that not even a Jailbroken iPhone can. A video of my top 20 things is given above, enjoy!
1. App integration with Operating System
2. Can’t set default apps
3. No NFC capabilities
4. Google Now (with card notifcations)
5. True HD resolution
7. Dual User
8. Replaceable keyboards (Swype, etc)
9. Photosphere (panorama) – without the use of a third party app
10. USB host – USB OTG
A. Transfer media to and from an external SD card
B. Watch streaming video or listen to streaming audio from external SD.
C. Control a Dslr without root.
11. Use a bluetooth mouse
12. Floating window apps for desktop like multitasking
13. Switchable launchers
14. Apps that allow gesture based control
16. Data usage monitor. App usage, Set warning and maximum
17. Battery usage monitor. What apps are using up power
18. Many system monitors like wakelock
19. VPN Proxy for privacy bypassing country restrictions (Tunnelbear)
20. security apps like Cerberus and . Anti-theft, discreetly take a picture of the thief, see what they’re up to (Cerberus) like prey on mac.
21. Launcher shortcuts for apps e.g. evernote, not just bookmark shortcuts
22. Turn the phone into a server: phone to become a DLNA, DNS, Email, FTP, IRC, Proxy, SMB, SMS, SSH, Web, WebDAV, XMPP server (Servers Ultimate)
23. Android can run on many other devices: USB stick computers, laptops (HP, Asus, Acer), cameras, TV set top, google glass, smartwatch, consoles, televisions
24. Run Ubuntu
25. Run various emulators
26. Run system maintenance tools like cache cleaner, Automatically cleanup all app related files once an app is uninstalled (CCleaner)
27. Change profiles based on situation and location
28. Change desktop based on situation.
29. Rhe ability to backup apps and restore them in case you upgraded to a faulty version
30. Bluetooth transfer to and from different devices not just from android devices.
31. Ability to send BT signals as serial port to be accessed by another device.
32. Ability to assign commands to the phone when the phone’s state is detected eg. light level, magnetic field, orientation, proximity sensors, etc.
33. Able to change file extensions without the need to import the file into an app because of a true file system.
34. Seamlessly pair and use an external GPS device with an android phone.
35. Allow apps to specify download location and not just in the same app container. This means you can copy a file once, such as a pdf, and open it with different apps.
36. No removable storage
37. No replaceable battery
38. Use the device as usb storage without iTunes. Windows only see it as read only.
39. Allow multiple Gmail accounts on one device
40. Flash Custom ROM’s – No need root if you buy an Oppo Phone.
41. Smart app protector – You can password protect specific apps. (ios has my secret folder but does not work for apps. ios needs to be jailbroken for this to work.)
42. AIDE – integrated application development. Develop apps directly from your android device.
43. Disable background data per app when on mobile networks.
44. Support 6 different ways to unlock screen, including no lock
47. Find out in detail how your storage is used – apps like disk usage
49. Change system wide font size
50. Almost always have the same app available on phone and tablet
51. Integrated FM Radio (HTC One, Oppo R819, Others)
52. The Ability to change icons system wide
53. Face Unlock
- Similiar Entry :
- [Google Drive] – 100 things the iPhone 5S CAN’T do which Android CAN
- [Embedupload] – 100 things the iPhone 5S CAN’T do which Android CAN
- [4Shared] – 100 things the iPhone 5S CAN’T do which Android CAN
- [Torrent] – 100 things the iPhone 5S CAN’T do which Android CAN
- [Dropbox] – 100 things the iPhone 5S CAN’T do which Android CAN